Unconscious Bias in the Workplace
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Length: 90 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: Wendy Sellers
- Topic:   Human Resources
- Credit:   HRCI 1.5, SHRM 1.5
Unconscious biases are social stereotypes about groups of people that individuals unintentionally form. Everyone holds unconscious beliefs about assorted social and identity groups. In the workplace, acting on these unconscious biases can not only be disruptive but illegal.
Areas Covered During Training:
1. Interrupting unconscious bias by first understanding it.
2. Review laws that make it illegal to make decisions in employment, whether consciously or unconsciously, based on a person’s mental or physical differences.
3. Highlight areas that employers should review and consider changing or adding. These range from equal opportunity and skill ratings in hiring to anti-harassment policies, gender identity and sexual orientation, employee dress code, pronouns in the workplace.
4. Review suggested employee and manager training.
Why Should You Attend:
Employers and their management team will be wise to prepare for and make changes to policies, procedures and official or unofficial practices that could find them in a legal hot seat.