Unconscious Bias in the Workplace
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Date: July 12, 2022
- Webinar Time: 12:00pm - 1:30pm EDT live
- Webinar Length: 90 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: Wendy Sellers
- Topic: Human Resources
- Credit: HRCI 1.5, SHRM 1.5, ATAHR 1.5
Unconscious biases are social stereotypes about groups of people that individuals unintentionally form. Everyone holds unconscious beliefs about assorted social and identity groups. In the workplace, acting on these unconscious biases can not only be disruptive but illegal. We already have enough on our plates at work and outside of work, let’s teach everyone in the workplace to not only learn about their biases, but to understand their affects.
Areas Covered During Training:
1. Interrupting unconscious bias by first understanding it.
2. Review laws that make it illegal to make decisions in employment, whether consciously or unconsciously, based on a person’s differences – from age and race to gender identity and pregnancy.
3. Highlight areas that employers should review and consider changing or adding. These range from equal opportunity statements and skill ratings in hiring to anti-harassment policies, employee appearance and dress code as well as pronouns in the workplace.
4. Review suggested employee and manager training.
Why Should You Attend:
Employers and their management team will be wise to prepare for and make changes to policies, procedures and official or unofficial practices that could find them in a legal hot seat. Unconscious Bias is not illegal but it certainly can lead to discrimination, which is illegal. Either way, unintentional or not, biases still hurts!