Understanding Payroll Tax Forms
This webinar will cover the purpose and basic details related to the preparation and filing of common federal forms used to communicate payroll information between the employer and employee and between the employer and the IRS and the Social Security Administration. It will highlight the changes for various payroll tax forms as well as common errors and how to avoid them, reporting tips and traps, and penalty avoidance.
Specific Areas Covered
- Key reconciliations for Forms W2 and 941
- Avoidance of late filing or late deposit penalties
- How to make interest free adjustments using Form 941X
- When an employer must use Forms 943, 944, and 945
- Form I9 compliance including avoidance of document abuse
- Problems with Form W4 and how to avoid them
- Reporting tips and allocated tips on Form 8027
- Methods for filing and correcting Forms W2
- Preparing Form 940
- Reporting requirements under the Affordable Care Act
- Recordkeeping requirements
Patrick Haggerty is a tax practitioner, author, and educator. His work experience includes non-profit organization management, banking, manufacturing accounting, and tax practice. He began teaching accounting at the college level in 1988. He is licensed as an Enrolled Agent by the U. S. Treasury to represent taxpayers at all administrative levels of the IRS and is a Certified Management Accountant. He has written numerous articles and a monthly question and answer column for payroll ... View Full Profile
This program has been approved for credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Aurora Training Advantage is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.