Excel Agility: Speed Tips for QuickBooks/Excel Reports
- Webinar Date: February 6, 2018
- Webinar Time: 1:00pm - 2:40pm EST live
- Guest Speaker: David Ringstrom
- Industry: Business Administration, Finance, Human Resources, Taxation and Accounting
- Credit: CPE 2.0
When you participate in this live presentation, you’ll learn from Excel and QuickBooks expert David Ringstrom, CPA, how to overcome the limitations of internal reports in QuickBooks. He outlines several techniques, including how to combine two reports into one as well as create an Excel pivot table from QuickBooks data. David also explains how to: avoid the need to analyze data in Excel after applying a few QuickBooks techniques, use a wildcard character to summarize data based on a partial match, make minor changes within QuickBooks to reduce manual effort in Excel, and more.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2016 and QuickBooks 2016. He’ll draw to your attention any differences in earlier versions of the software as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Topics Typically Covered:
- Learning QuickBooks techniques that may help you avoid the need to analyze data in Excel.
- Learning how to use the undocumented DATEDIF worksheet function.
- Using a wildcard character with SUMIF to summarize data based on a partial match.
- Learning why, in many cases, you should export reports intended for spreadsheet analysis to a .CSV file instead of an Excel workbook.
- Bypassing filter drop-down lists by filtering based on cell contents with a single keystroke or mouse click.
- Using Excel’s PivotTable feature to quickly identify anomalies within QuickBooks data.
- Making minor changes within QuickBooks that can result in less manual effort in Excel.
- Tracking customer longevity by creating a report that shows first and last invoice dates by customer.
- Creating one-click access to memorized QuickBooks reports.
- Recognize QuickBooks features and techniques to streamline reports for faster analysis in Excel.
- Summarize QuickBooks data by way of Excel pivot tables.
- Recall how to filter based on cell contents with a single keystroke or mouse click.
David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on over 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what he sees users don’t, but should, know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively. To learn more about David, you can view his LinkedIn profile and follow him on ... View Full Profile
Aurora Training Advantage is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, and cancellation please contact our offices at 407-542-4317 or firstname.lastname@example.org.