Background Checks and Legal Compliance
Are you using background checks to screen applicants? Most companies are, but many may not have a full understanding of the many laws and regulations that they must comply with. Don’t let your company’s background check policies turn into a compliance nightmare. Register today and walk away with the information you need to conduct thorough, effective and compliant background checks!
- Compliance with the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- The impact of state laws on background checks
- New laws on credit reports, social media passwords and offshoring personal information
- How to rescind an offer after a background check comes back with an arrest or a conviction
- The EEOC’s “three-factor test” when considering an applicant with a criminal history
- Should an employer “ban the box” on an application form?
- Understanding how the EEOC views arrests vs. convictions
- Does your state prohibit discrimination based on arrest records?
- What to do when an employee has to do jail time for his second DUI or some other offense
- The keys to applicant screening: The application, interview and reference checking process
Matt Simpson is a partner in the firm’s Atlanta office, where he is a member of the firm’s Automotive Dealership and Education Practice Groups. Matt represents management in all areas of labor and employment law in state and federal courts as well as before state and federal agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the United States Department of Labor.Matt’s litigation practice is focused on the defense of class and collective actions. He has handled numer... View Full Profile
This program has been approved for credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Aurora Training Advantage is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.