Background Checks and Legal Compliance
Are you using background checks to screen applicants? Most companies are, but many may not have a full understanding of the many laws and regulations that they must comply with. Don’t let your company’s background check policies turn into a compliance nightmare. Register today and walk away with the information you need to conduct thorough, effective and compliant background checks!
- Compliance with the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- The impact of state laws on background checks
- New laws on credit reports, social media passwords and offshoring personal information
- How to rescind an offer after a background check comes back with an arrest or a conviction
- The EEOC’s “three-factor test” when considering an applicant with a criminal history
- Should an employer “ban the box” on an application form?
- Understanding how the EEOC views arrests vs. convictions
- Does your state prohibit discrimination based on arrest records?
- What to do when an employee has to do jail time for his second DUI or some other offense
- The keys to applicant screening: The application, interview and reference checking process