Child Support Withholdings
This webinar will give you the tools to better understand anything and everything in regards to Child Support garnishment withholding. From the calculation of how much to withhold to the new complexities of states requiring lump sum reporting. This webinar will also review the electronic options available to make the child support process easier then in the past. Other complexities can arise for employees that have multiple garnishment orders; we will review how to properly handle other types of garnishments with child support or even multiple child support orders for different states.
Garnishments just like payroll tax can be a complex area of payroll due to the state laws and special laws employers are required to follow.
- How to determine how much to withhold for child support
- Determining the priority of child support orders?
- How to handle lump sum payments for employees with child support
- Discussion of legally allowed Child Support fees and how to administer
- Review of EIWO and the benefits
- How to properly calculate disposable earnings
Dayna is currently the Payroll Tax Manager at PetSmart Inc. Dayna has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 15 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, Dayna moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc. During Dayna’s time at Honeywell she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association. She also received several merit awards for Customer Service and Acquisitions and Divestitures. Dayna is no stranger to... View Full Profile