Electronic Records Retention
- Webinar Date: November 2, 2017
- Webinar Time: 1:00pm - 2:30pm EDT live
- Guest Speaker: Joshua Viau
- Industry: Human Resources
- Credit: HRCI 1.5, SHRM 1.5
Government-imposed recordkeeping obligations, and the need to keep records to defend against employee lawsuits poses one of an employer’s most daunting challenges and unpleasant responsibilities. Yet, failure to comply with recordkeeping laws, and not having records necessary to defend a lawsuit is even worse. Don’t let this happen to you! Learn practical steps to effectively manage employee records, and avoid legal problems that arise from inadequate recordkeeping.
- Why keeping everything is almost as dangerous as keeping nothing
- Prime considerations in implementing an effective records retention program
- Employment-related records – What to keep from hire through termination and beyond
- Personnel “files” – key retention and privacy concerns
- Rewards and risks of “going paperless”
- When and how to dispose of hardcopy paper, electronic storage devices and/or to delete electronically stored information
- When must routine disposal or deletion employment records be suspended?
- How to manage company records stored on an employee’s personal equipment, or company-issued portable electronic devices.