The Interactive Process Under The ADA
- Webinar Date: March 22, 2018
- Webinar Time: 1:00pm - 2:30pm EDT live
- Guest Speaker: Susan Desmond
- Industry: Human Resources
- Credit: HRCI 1.5, SHRM 1.5
Following the enactment of the ADAAA, the law which made sweeping changes to the ADA, employers were required to refocus their ADA compliance efforts on the interactive process under the ADA- the sometimes lengthy dialogue with employees – to determine whether there is any reasonable accommodation which would allow the employee to perform the essential functions of the employee’s job. Since the enactment of the ADAAA, the EEOC and the courts have continued to redefine the full extent of the rights and duties of both employees and employers. This webinar will assist employers in understanding those obligations, and provide practical ways in which employers can reduce risk, increase legal compliance and better manage the productivity of their employees.
- The ADA – a law requiring a particular process for all employees that can result in different outcomes for each individual employee.
- The Supreme Court Cases limiting the definition of disability.
- The ADAAA’s as a reaction to the Supreme Court Cases
- The Interactive Process and Why It is More Important Than Ever
- What an Employer Must Show to Establish Undue Hardship
- Interaction with FMLA, WC, SSB and private disability benefits plans.
- Exercises designed to teach the interactive process
Susan Desmond is a principal with Jackson Lewis PC which has offices in 59 cities across the United States. Ms. Desmond has been representing management in all areas of labor and employment law since her graduation from the University of Tennessee School of Law in 1985. She is listed in Best Lawyers in America for labor and employment law and has been named by Chambers USA as one of America’s leading business lawyers. Ms. Desmond is also listed in Mid-South Super Lawyers and Louisiana Super Lawy... View Full Profile
This program has been approved for credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Aurora Training Advantage is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.