Pivot Table Mastery
In this advanced pivot table presentation, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, shows you how to add even more interactivity to your pivot tables by grouping data in various ways. David explains how to extract data from other sources, apply a keyboard shortcut to post the same formula in multiple cells, remove fields easily from pivot tables, expand and collapse pivot table elements, and more.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2016. He draws your attention to any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Topics Typically Covered:
- Creating self-updating titles for charts and pivot charts.
- Discovering how pivot tables differ from worksheet formulas and learning the importance of the Refresh command.
- Using a simple keyboard shortcut to post the same formula to multiple cells at once.
- Identifying the requirements of ideal data sets to be analyzed within your pivot tables.
- Getting past the “PivotTable field name already exists” prompt once and for all.
- Learning how to expand and collapse pivot table elements, thereby avoiding information overload.
- Understanding the differences in pivot table interfaces between Excel 2010 and earlier and Excel 2013 and later.
- Creating a macro that will automatically remove the words “Sum Of” from your pivot table fields.
- Understanding the nuances of formatting numbers within pivot tables.
- Avoiding disabled features by converting Excel 97–2003 files to modern workbook formats with ease.
- Seeing multiple ways to remove fields from a pivot table.
- Apply the Custom Lists feature to override the default sort order within pivot tables.
- State how to create pivot tables from information you extract from databases.
- Identify pivot table data in new ways by grouping based on dates or custom arrangements that you define.
David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on over 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what he sees users don’t, but should, know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively. To learn more about David, you can view his LinkedIn profile and follow him on ... View Full Profile
Aurora Training Advantage is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, and cancellation please contact our offices at 407-542-4317 or email@example.com.