Bonnie Ashby SewellAmerican Capital PlanningWebsiteFacebookTwitterLinkedin
Bonnie was raised in a single family home in the wealthy hamlet of Clarendon Hills, IL, 15 miles west of Chicago. A small town of 7500, it was common in the 1960's to refer to such homes as 'broken'. While the family was often broke, her loving home was never broken. She endeavored to understand money: how it works, how it can work for you, and most importantly, how to use it for good, whether for your personal family goals or something even larger.
Bonnie has been working in financial services since 1981, and has been a Certified Financial Planner for families since 1992. She also earned the Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, designation and Certified Divorce Financial Analyst designation, CDFA™. She served 3 years on the National Board for the Financial Planning Association, served on the Foundation for Financial Planning board, and served as President on the Board of Directors for the non-profit Loudoun Therapeutic Riding. She has also been a volunteer advisor for families in the Building Homes for Heroes program.
Bonnie earned a Master’s degree in Financial Planning and keeps current through at least 30 hours of professional continuing education each year.
As the 3rd generation of women business owners in her family, Bonnie has expertise in helping men and women meet their wildest dreams. In business ~ she can help you plan, build or exit your business profitably, she helps divorced clients keep and grow their settlements, and guides widows and widowers in their new lives.
Sometimes, clients like to know what their planner is doing to achieve their own life balance. To that end, Bonnie celebrates a blended family with husband Murray Sewell, eight adult children and 9 grandchildren with a few more on the way. Time away from work includes travel, hiking, reading, and learning to speak French.
- Author, "Love-Jacked! Divorce Your Spouse, Not Your Dollars", available on Amazon and Kindle
- Speaker, “Math Modeling Matters in Divorce”, Shareholders Service Group Annual Conference, San Diego, April 2017
- Speaker, “Math Modeling Matters in Divorce”, AICPA PFS Conference, MGM Grand, Las Vegas, June 2017
- Speaker - Invest In Women Conference, Dallas, May 2016 & May 2017
- Speaker - Institute of Divorce Financial Analysts National Conference, Chicago, May 2016
- Speaker – Garrett Planning Network Retreat, Broomfield, CO July 2016
- Presenter to Fairfax, VA Bar Association (Family Law Section), July 2016
- Presenter to National Conference National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), October 2016
- Interviewed on Wharton Business Radio, May 15, 2014
- Presented at the National Business Educators Conference, Atlanta, April 2013
- Health & Wealth Workshop at Lost Creek Winery November 2013 with Cliff Russell, ex-NFL player and trainer from Ripped Performance
- Interviewed on Executive Leaders Radio, December 19 2013
- Columnist for the industry’s Journal of Financial Planning through 2011
- Interviewed by CNBC’s Sharon Epperson, October 2010
- Served as Georgia’s Secretary of State Cathy Cox’s Retirement Planning Speaker in her Investment Education Series, “Money Counts” with letters of commendation, 2004-2006
- Financial Planning During Divorce: Help Your Clients Get Back to the Future
Available on Demand