Excel Fundamentals: Get Your Team Up to Speed
This introductory course will prepare you to develop and work with Excel spreadsheets. Expert David Ringstrom, CPA, walks you through the basics, providing the knowledge needed to create functional spreadsheets and manipulate large lists of data. David presents an overview of the different types of files you can create, explains Excel’s rows and columns grid, shows you how to remove duplicates from a list, and more.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2016. He draws your attention to any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Who Would Be Interested in This Course:
Teams who use spreadsheets in their daily work, but haven't taken an Excel class in the past.
Your Benefits of Attending:
- Using a custom number format to hide zero amounts within a specific area of a spreadsheet.
- Getting familiar with Excel’s grid of rows and columns.
- Preventing errors from the start by choosing from thousands of free Excel spreadsheet templates.
- Learning the nuances of copying formulas within Excel spreadsheets.
- Saving paper and eliminating frustration by monitoring the Print Scale setting.
- Handling situations where numbers are presented as # signs on-screen and in Print Preview.
- Discerning the nuance of entering text into worksheet cells.
- Surfacing hidden Excel commands instantly by way of the Tell Me feature in Excel 2016.
- Copying formulas efficiently down one or more columns at the same time.
- Understanding Excel’s Freeze Panes feature.
- Recall some basic data analysis techniques.
- Identify how to skip confusing menus by way of time-saving mouse tricks and keyboard shortcuts.
- Recall how to copy formulas down one or more columns at the same time.
NASBA Field of Study:
Computer Software & Applications (2 hours)
- Duration: 100 Minutes
- Credit: Available upon request
Request Private Training
Upon submitting your request an account representive will contact you.
"This information was extremely helpful and the presenter really was an expert in Excel. I will definitely be able to use this webinar in my work."
- Aurora Attendee