Excel Agility: Budget Spreadsheets
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Length: 100 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: David Ringstrom
- Topic: Business Administration, Finance, Taxation and Accounting, Software, Business Skills
- Credit: ATATX 1.5, ATAOP 1.5
Excel expert David H. Ringstrom, CPA, shows you how to create resilient and dynamic budget spreadsheets in this informative presentation. He explains techniques and Excel features that allow you to improve the integrity of your spreadsheets, transform filtering tasks, and preserve key formulas.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2016. He’ll draw to your attention any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Topics Typically Covered:
- Using the SUMIF function to summarize data based on a single criterion.
- Going beyond simple rounding with the ROUNDUP and ROUNDDOWN worksheet functions.
- Learning a simple design technique that greatly improves the integrity of Excel’s SUM function.
- Learning how the Table feature allows you to transform filtering tasks.
- Avoiding the complexity of nested IF statements with Excel’s CHOOSE function.
- Improving the integrity of spreadsheets with Excel’s VLOOKUP function.
- Learning how range names can minimize errors, save time in Excel, serve as navigation aids, and store information in hidden locations.
- Comparing the IFNA, IFERROR, and ISERROR functions and learn which versions of Excel support these worksheet functions.
- Preserving key formulas using hide and protect features.
- Streamlining formula writing by using the Use in Formula command.
- Apply and isolate all user entries to an inputs worksheet and protect all calculations and budget schedules on additional worksheets.
- Recall how to use range names and the Table feature to create resilient and easy-to-maintain spreadsheets.
- Identify the Excel command that allows you to streamline formula writing.