Excel - Data Visualization and InfoGraphics
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Length: 100 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: Mike Thomas
- Topic:   Business Administration, Taxation and Accounting, Finance, Business Skills, Software
There is a saying, “a picture is worth a thousand words”. In Excel that means finding ways to represent numerical data pictorially so that your audience can quickly and easily understand it. It's often easier to look at a chart, a graph or something visual than to just look at a set of figures.
In this session you’ll learn how to create and enhance the appearance of traditional charts such as bar charts. You’ll also learn how to create Sparkline charts (really useful in dashboards), infographic-style charts and how to represent data in a visual way without using the charting features at all.
Until a few years ago it was enough to take a set of numbers and create a bar chart or pie chart. Although in the right situation these traditional charts are still appropriate, things have moved on and we're constantly hearing words like Data Visualization and Infographic. It's time to get your Excel-related business and communication skills up to date and learn how to use it to present data in the modern world.
• Charting 101 - create a basic chart
• From drab to fab - enhance and customize a basic chart
• Combination charts - line and bar in a single chart
• Dynamic charts - automate adding new data to a chart
• Creating in-cell Sparkline charts
• Creating infographics with Excel
• Using Conditional Formatting to present data visually
• 3D Map - presenting geographic data in a visual way
Who should attend / Level:
This training is categorized as basic-to-intermediate. It is aimed at users who have little or no knowledge of how to produce visuals in Excel. Attendees should be familiar with how to navigate around an Excel workbook and how to enter and edit data.