Excel Macro Basics Part 1
During this informative webcast, Excel expert David H. Ringstrom, CPA, introduces you to the concept of Excel macros as well as to the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macro. In addition, he demonstrates how to use Excel’s Record Macro feature to automate repetitive tasks, such as cleaning up reports exported from an accounting package, scrubbing data, and creating your own keyboard shortcuts. While the Macro Record feature is easy to use, those who aren’t aware of its nuances can become frustrated with its vagaries. David discusses the ins and outs of macros so you can begin implementing them immediately.
David teaches from the version of Excel in use by the majority of attendees, but he explains any differences in Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016. His webcasts are fast-paced, and attendees often are surprised at the amount of ground he covers in a session. He welcomes participants’ questions, so come ready to pick his brain. David’s detailed handouts serve as reference tools you can fall back on after participating in one of his webcasts. He also provides an Excel workbook that includes a majority of the examples he uses during each session.
Topics Typically Covered:
- Convert .XLS workbooks to the up-to-date .XLSX format with just two keystrokes.
- Decipher and manage Excel’s macro security prompts.
- Discover how to use Excel’s Personal Macro Workbook.
- Learn how to use Excel’s Macro Record feature to create simple macros, without having any knowledge of programming.
- Learn the risks and frustrations of using merged cells in Excel worksheets.
- Understand how macros are used in Excel, along with the risks and benefits associated with them.
- Use the Text to Columns feature to eliminate unwanted text without retyping or to separate text into columns.
- Identify how to prevent macros from being discarded from workbooks when saving.
- Apply the Unhide command to locate and manage Excel's Personal Macro Workbook.
- Define how to create general-use macros with the Relative Reference setting for Excel's Macro Recorder.
David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on over 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what he sees users don’t, but should, know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively. To learn more about David, you can view his LinkedIn profile and follow him on ... View Full Profile
Aurora Training Advantage is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, and cancellation please contact our offices at 407-542-4317 or firstname.lastname@example.org.