Excel 101: Spreadsheet Basics
Topics typically covered:
- Bring Excel’s green error-checking prompts under control by managing the underlying rules.
- Get a jump start on spreadsheet projects by using free, prebuilt templates in Excel.
- Get an overview of the different types of files you can create in Excel.
- Get oriented with Excel’s grid of rows and columns.
- Jump-start data visualization with the Quick Analysis feature.
- Learn the nuances of copying formulas within Excel spreadsheets.
- Manage column widths within your spreadsheets.
- Master Excel’s order of operations for mathematical formulas.
- Navigate large workbooks with ease by way of a hidden menu as well as keyboard shortcuts.
- Never type $ signs manually in a formula again; use a keyboard shortcut instead.
- Simplify repetitive tasks by creating your own keyboard shortcuts.
- Understand how to enter dates in an Excel spreadsheet.
- Wrangle long lists of data by filtering instead of sorting.
- Skip confusing menus by way of time-saving mouse tricks and keyboard shortcuts.
- Learn structural basics about Excel worksheets and workbooks.
- Master some basic data-analysis techniques.
David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on over 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what he sees users don’t, but should, know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively. To learn more about David, you can view his LinkedIn profile and follow him on ... View Full Profile