Exit Interviews: Tools For Your Program
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Length: 90 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: Cynthia Keaton
- Topic: Human Resources
- Credit: HRCI 1.5, SHRM 1.5, ATAHR 1.5
It is always disappointing when a valuable employee turns in their resignation. If they are leaving for another job, they clearly have valuable skills you don’t want to lose. As soon as they provide notice, an Exit Interview should be scheduled. At a minimum, you may learn how to improve the working environment or other conditions that could help you retain other valuable employees. At its best, you may learn something that will help you retain this employee.
An Exit Interview is also a useful way for employers to protect their property and limit the risk of lawsuits being filed later. Prior to the employee’s departure, you will need to gather all company equipment, including their laptop, cell phone, credit card, and keys. It is also the time to ask workers to identify all the locations where business information could be housed—including paper copies, external hard drives, and thumb drives.
An Exit Interview gives an employer a final opportunity to emphasize any obligations the employee may have regarding the confidentiality of trade secrets and employer data.
This webinar will provide all the tools you need to start your Exit Interview program or improve the one you have. You will receive a sample Exit Interview survey to help you immediately conduct effective Exit Interviews.
We will also touch on Stay Interviews, which may just help you avoid future Exit Interviews. You may be able to obtain valuable information that would increase the likelihood that employees will stay with your organization.
During this webinar you will:
- Discuss who should and shouldn’t conduct Exit Interviews
- Learn about topics to reduce the likelihood of lawsuits after the employee leaves
- Review questions to ask to uncover any issues that were not previously reported
- Discuss best practices for both onsite and remote employee Exit Interviews
- Learn the importance of documentation for legal protection
- Review the importance of a listening culture
- Go beyond “why did you leave?” to get meaningful actionable feedback
- Discuss Stay Interviews as a possible antidote to Exit Interviews
In your toolkit you will receive:
- PowerPoint deck
- Exit Interview Survey
- Stay Interview questions