How to Prepare for an I-9 Audit and Stay in Compliance
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Length: 90 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: Lauren Sobaski
- Topic:   Human Resources, Compliance and Regulatory
- Credit:   HRCI 1.5, SHRM 1.5
Every employer is required to maintain a complete and accurate I-9 Record for any and all employees working for the organization hired after November 1986. USCIS and ICE are increasingly targeting employers to gain access to individuals that may be working in the United States without proper documentation. Without diligent efforts and strict compliance policies, employers can open themselves up to large monetary fines, extensive government oversight, and even criminal penalties. Join Fisher Phillips attorney Lauren Sobaski as she details the potential pitfalls and potential liability associated with the I-9 Form and how to ensure your organization is in compliance with the current policies.
What you will learn in this informative webinar:
- How to properly complete the I-9
- Common Mistakes and how to avoid them
- Retention Requirements
- Preparing for a government audit
- Potential liability if deficiencies are identified.