Effective Onboarding for Increased Employee Retention and Engagement
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Length: 90 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: Cynthia Keaton
- Topic: Human Resources
- Credit: HRCI 1.5, SHRM 1.5, ATAHR 1.5
Companies spend enormous resources to hire the best candidates. These resources include time to screen, interview, and test candidates. Once an offer is made, then add the costs of background and drug testing and possibly post-offer physicals. With all this expense in dollars and time, one study found that as high as 40% of employees don’t make it past their first year. Good recruitment and hiring practices can be quickly undone by poorly executed new employee onboarding. With the increase in remote work, this challenge to ensure effective onboarding becomes even more apparent.
Effective onboarding is crucial to employee engagement, productivity, and retention. The first six months are critical for employee retention. According to a Gallup study, only 12% of employees feel their company does a good job with employee onboarding.
Best practices onboarding begins before the new hire’s first day. It includes creating a plan to make the employee feel welcome and that quickly integrates them into the organization and provides them with the tools to be successful. This webinar gives you the key components to a cost-effective onboarding plan that will increase retention and productivity.Benefits:
- The purpose and benefits of a great onboarding program.
- Which topics should be included in a best-in-class onboarding program.
- How to structure a comprehensive onboarding plan.
- How to build connections with new hires.
- How to build a more effective onboarding program for remote employees.
- How retention interviews support onboarding.
- Problems and pitfalls to avoid in building your program.
- Tips and ideas to make your program more effective.
- Using a new hire buddy program to build connections.
- Use new hire feedback for continuous improvement.
Handouts and samples:
- New Hire check-in questions for retention and engagement
- New Hire Buddy survey questions
- List of most important topics to include in onboarding programs