OSHA 101: What You Should Know
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Length: 90 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: Travis Vance
- Topic: Human Resources, Compliance and Regulatory
- Credit: HRCI 1.5, SHRM 1.5
This interactive and comprehensive presentation offers attendees an in-depth, practical examination of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (the “Act”) and how it, and the Secretary of Labor’s right to enforce the Act, may potentially affect his or her client’s business. Attendees will be provided a thorough analysis of the Act, including its history and purpose, the type of citations (e.g., serious, other-than-serious, willful, and repeat), penalties, including both civil and criminal, that may be issued under the Act, and a step-by-step discussion of the legal process implicated when a citation is issued.
Throughout the presentation, attendees will be provided practical, “real world” information regarding the various legal aspects of the Act, including references to many actual scenarios (e.g., photos, videos, factual circumstances) under which citations under the Act have been issued. Education regarding the Secretary of Labor’s right to issue the various types of citations will be a focus; specifically, attendees will learn the ramifications that may result from the payment of citations (e.g., repeat and willful citations), even after settlement negotiations with the Secretary of Labor have taken place.
After the webinar, attendees will:
- Know how to counsel clients to prepare for an OSHA inspection;
- Know their client’s rights if and when OSHA arrives;
- Understand the ramifications of issues, including matters relating to employee testimony, arising during an OSHA inspection and litigation; and
- Have a greater understanding of the interplay of OSHA with other types of laws and litigation.