Slamming the Brakes on Turnover
Business outcomes, including turnover, are the result of best practices and application of evidenced-based strategies that are shown to make a difference. Our goal is to arm you with ideas that you can put to use to turn the tide.
But high turnover isn’t the case for all businesses and it doesn’t have to be that way for you. With this webinar we will give you ideas and tools that will turn the tide for your company. You will learn the reasons why people come and go and strategies for slamming the breaks on the constant churning of employees.
Turnover has been on the rise and there is no indication that it will slow down. New employees typically decide within the first six months if they will stay and most will leave within three years. Coupled with a tight labor market it is no surprise that turnover and retention are a key business imperative for most industries. Turnover is expensive and disruptive!
What we will cover:
- Why turnover matters
- Understanding your environment and your vulnerabilities
- How to proactively hire right to ensure best fit into your culture
- How to use realistic job previews to increase retention and assure clear candidate expectations
- Learn how onboarding increases productivity, engagement, and retention
- Learn the 4 C’s of best-practice onboarding
- The seven key characteristics of an effective work environment
- The power of culture and socialization in creating employee loyalty and engagement
- How stay-interviews offer a proactive solution to retaining key employees
- The importance of total compensation and how it has the power to dissatisfy but not engage employees
- The power of performance management to clarify expectations and motivate employees
- The key components of being a good coach and mentor
- The factors that really motivate and engage employees (These are the people who don’t leave!)
- The fundamental components of leadership and supervision that impact retention
What you will Receive:
- Copy of the presentation slides
- 135+ retention strategies
- Onboarding program assessment tool
- Questions for conducting stay interviews
- Key competencies for interviewing and job descriptions
- Leadership self-assessment
Wes Pruett is owner of HR Advisors LLC, a consulting practice that provides service to clients who seek to align their business and employees creating successful outcomes and excellent work environments. After 20 years in senior leadership within the Mayo Health System he founded HR Advisors. Mr. Pruett provides solutions to companies for a wide variety of HR issues including compensation, compliance, policy development, performance management, and employee relations. Mr. Pruett regularly facili... View Full Profile
This program has been approved for credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Aurora Training Advantage is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.