Simplifying Travel & Entertainment Rules & Recordkeeping
This webinar will help you develop an Accountable Plan for reimbursing employees and maintaining adequate accounting records thereby solidify the T&E expense deductions on the company’s annual income tax return.
Our helpful tips will be useful in training not only employees seeking reimbursement, but also the accounts payable staff reviewing the monthly employee expense reports, and tax staff reviewing records prior to preparation of the Federal income tax return.
- Deductible and Non-deductible Meals
- Developing a Fool Proof Accountable Plan
- Records and Documents Needed for Meals Expenses
- Records and Documents Needed for Travel Away from Home
- Documents Needed When Reimbursing Expenses Using the Per Diem Method
- Records and Documents Needed for Use of Employee’s Vehicles
- Records and Documents Needed for Company Vehicles
- Which Employee Reimbursements are Taxable Wages
- Which Contractor Reimbursements go into Form 1099
Chuck Borek is a practicing attorney and founder of the Borek Group, LLC. Chuck is also a CPA, and his background includes five years as a partner in a public accounting firm. He received his law degree and MBA summa cum laude from the University of Baltimore in 1993, where he was editor-in-chief of the Law Review. He has been teaching professionally since 1989, including four years as an Associate Professor of Accounting and two years as a Visiting Assistant Professor of Law. He ha... View Full Profile