W-9, The Perfect Start to Perfect 1099's
Please see below for additional instructions and information regarding this program.
- Filing Dates
- Increased Penalties
- WHO should receive a W-9
- WHO is responsible for accuracy of W-9 information
- WHAT does “disregarded entity” mean
- WHAT is importance of “tax classification”
- WHEN are W-9’s due to Payees
- WHEN should W-9’s be rejected & re-sent to Payees
- HOW can I avoid name & TIN mis-match problems
Time Saving Tips:
- Advantages of IRS e-services
- Verify TIN, EIN, SSN with IRS e-services
- Train staff to verify correctness of W-9 information
- Train staff when to backup withhold
- Most common mistakes on 1099’s
- Tips on avoiding IRS penalties
- Importance of Procedural Manual & staff training
Steven Mercatante is the principal and founder of TIR Consulting, LLC. He is a nationally recognized leader in tax reporting education and consulting on specialized compliance issues. He has conducted on-site consultation for corporate clients from across the world and led countless seminars and webinars for Convey Compliance Systems, IAPP, Balance Consulting, The Accounts Payable Network, Accounts Payable Now and Tomorrow, Progressive Business Conferences, The Center For Competitive Management,... View Full Profile
Aurora Training Advantage is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, and cancellation please contact our offices at 407-542-4317 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must answer all questions during the webinar, view the recording completely and pass the test at the end with 70% correct answers to receive CPE credit.