Scott most recently ran the professional development and assessment practice for a Kansas City-based HR management firm. Up to that, he led the talent management and engagement functions at an international data center company where his responsibilities included talent acquisition and assessment, learning and development, management training, performance management, workforce planning, and employee engagement. Prior to his corporate role, Scott spent over 20 years consulting to hundreds of companies in two consulting organizations and his own firm. His roles included strategic leadership, programs/systems design and implementation, thought leadership, client management and delivery, and business development.
How He Moved the Dial
- OMNI Human Resource Management – Led the learning, training and assessment (for selection and development) practice for clients in the for-profit and non-profit sectors in the Kansas City market.
- QTS Data Centers – Created a talent acquisition function, saving over $500K in 12 months, improved annual sales rep retention to 82%, designed a 45-course eLearning management training program, and partnered to create a 300-seat learning academy.
- McTague Talent Consulting – Conducted safety training and coaching for over 500 railway engineers. Implemented a talent management audit service to identify and resolve gaps in talent best practices and improve organizational effectiveness.
- Assess Systems (now Outmatch) – Increased talent management sales in the hospitality industry by 125% in 18 months. Designed and implemented hiring and development systems for clients to improve retention, productivity and engagement.
- Batrus Hollweg International (now IBM) – Built highly profitable business units providing talent management services to hundreds of clients through program creation, visionary leadership, business development, training, and client satisfaction.
Area of Expertise
- Program Design and Delivery
- Leadership Development
- Management Training and Coaching
- Performance Management
- Workforce Planning
- Organizational Development
- Talent Selection and Development
- Business Development
- Client Management
- Speaking and Writing