Disability Rules Under The ADA
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Date: December 6, 2023
- Webinar Time: 2:00pm - 3:30pm EST live
- Webinar Length: 90 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: Melveen Stevenson
- Topic: Human Resources, Compliance and Regulatory
- Credit: HRCI 1.5, SHRM 1.5, ATAHR 1.5
The Americans with Disabilities Act was signed into law just over thirty years ago. Intended to be a transformational law, today we see a huge shift in reaping benefits to workers and job applicants, including civil rights recognition by employers; ramps and other physical enhancements in work areas; and the integration of workers with visible and not-so-visible disabilities so that they can actively participate in jobs, teams, and workgroups. Yet, the ADA continues to confound employers on how to comply and leverage requirements specifically written to protect the rights of disabled employees.
Missteps and gaps in employment policies and practices under the ADA have drawn the keen interest of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and private attorneys who have filed numerous lawsuits against various employers. The focus of these claims have included failure to engage in the interactive process, failure to accommodate, employment selection and promotion practices, harassment and retaliation, leave and attendance policies, and digital accessibility.
Join us in this 90-minute session where you’ll learn the ins and outs of the ADA, how to comprehend the essential regulations to shape inclusivity in your organization, how to navigate the application of this law, and how to best comply with its rules.
Areas Covered During Training:
- Fundamentals of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Employer responsibilities under the ADA, including reasonable accommodations.
- Benefits of ADA compliance.
- Definition and steps of the interactive process.
- Review of key considerations in reviewing leave and attendance policies.
- Why job descriptions need to be diligently reviewed and updated.
- Sourcing and recruiting practices that can enhance inclusiveness.
- Review of the application of these concepts with case studies.
Why Should You Attend:
By attending this comprehensive session, you’ll gain invaluable insights into the ADA’s framework, insuring you’re equipped to navigate this vital legislation effectively. You’ll discover the significance of accommodating individuals with disabilities and learn how ADA compliance not only fosters an inclusive work environment but also brings benefits to your organization. Complex concepts will be presented in a practical way so that you’ll be able to take action steps back to your organization right away and make necessary adjustments, as required.
Who Should Attend:
- Human resources professionals, all levels
- Supervisors, managers, and directors
- Safety and environmental health professionals
- Business owners