Preparing For Gender Identity Issues
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Length: 90 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: Susan Desmond
- Topic:   Human Resources
- Credit:   HRCI 1.5, SHRM 1.5
Up until a few years ago, many employment law experts could confidently state that Title VII did not cover the LGBTQ community. Both the courts and the EEOC were in agreement on this issue. The EEOC then changed its position opining that Title VII’s prohibition against sex discrimination encompassed the LGBTQ community. Some courts accepted the EEOC’s position while many did not. In 2020, however, the Supreme Court finally settled the debate and agreed with the EEOC. Of course, this development has created a number of issues for employers to consider.
In this webinar, we will cover:
- LGBTQ status and legal protections
- What if your company or employees have religious objections?
- What the Supreme Court’s decision means to your organization.
- Avoiding Sexual Stereotyping
- Best practices, including policies and procedures