Creating a Policy for Employee Personal Property
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Length: 60 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: Wendy Sellers
- Topic:   Human Resources
- Credit:   HRCI 1.0, SHRM 1.0
There is no denying that employees bring their whole self to work and that usually means personal property as well. We often have policies for performance and behavior so that we can manage both yet all too often companies forget to create specific policies about Employee Personal Property. Some rules may be driven by state laws, others by safety including workplace violence and communicable disease, though many rules will be driven by your industry, location and unique company culture.
Learning Objectives Covered During This Session:
- Understand what an employer is legally obligated to do regarding protecting employee’s personal property at work
- Understand what “common law duty of negligence” is
- Understand the key items to include in your Employee Personal Property policy
- Understand who safeguards you should have in place beyond a written policy statement.
If you are in need of a employee handbook policy for Employee Personal Property, you should attend this session in order to fully understand the full scope of employer responsibilities before using generic wording and find yourself in hot water down the road.