Relational Contracting: Driving Maximum Value
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Date: March 1, 2022
- Webinar Time: 2:00pm - 3:40pm EST live
- Webinar Length: 100 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: Jim Bergman
- Topic:   Purchasing, Taxation and Accounting
- Credit:   ATAPU 1.5, ISM 1.5, CPE 2.0
Contracts have gaps. They are incomplete. Plus, many contracts are drafted by lawyers, for lawyers, in a way that only a lawyer can understand. As a result, many of the contracts we use are incomplete and ineffective as we pursue value and try to mitigate risk. However, a more effective approach is available, and it has become increasingly popular in the past few years – the relational contract.
This session will provide insights into relational contracting by co-author Jim Bergman, whose recent book on the subject contains insights which Noble laureate Oliver Hart describes as “pathbreaking”. How does a relational contract differ from a traditional transactional contract? What are the key elements of a relational contract? What is required of the parties to make a relational contract successful? These, and more questions, will be addressed in this insightful session by one of the leading practitioners of relational contracting.
Your Benefits of Attending:
- Establish a solid understanding of relational contracting.
- Understand when a relational contract is viable and when it is not.
- Develop insight into the contract language which differs relational contracts from transactional contracts.
- Hear the personal insights and experiences of a leading practitioner of relational contracting.
- Uncover the cultural barriers preventing relational contracting from succeeding and how to overcome those barriers.
- Create a foundation for more effective SOW's, SLA's and KPI's.
- Learn a proven process that enables relational contracting to deliver greater value.
Join Jim Bergman as he shares his expertise on relational contracting and how it could take your contracts to the next level.