Understanding The Service Contract Act
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Date: June 9, 2023
- Webinar Time: 12:00pm - 1:00pm EDT live
- Webinar Length: 60 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: Wendy Sellers
- Topic: Human Resources
- Credit: HRCI 1.0, SHRM 1.0, ATAHR 1.0
The McNamara-O'Hara Service Contract Act (SCA), also known as the Service Contract Act, is a federal statute that regulates certain aspects of service contracts made between private parties and the federal government that allow the contractors to employ "service employees" to perform services for these government agencies.
Learning Objectives Covered During This Session:
- SCA basics, who is covered & excluded, as well as compliance principles
- Prevailing wage and fringe benefits overview
- Recording keeping and associated penalties.
- A review of free resources
This law was created to ensure that service workers hired by the federal government are paid at least as much as the going rate for the identical work in the area. Both established and emerging businesses in the sector may find the statute burdensome. Nonetheless, a review of the SCA standards at an early stage of the contract award process can assist prevent issues in the future.